Saturday, 9 October 2010

La Rochelle (Part 2)



















More from La Rochelle. Before I went I had no idea what to expect from it as a city, but I really, really loved it! Its a big port city so it has a marina vibe throughout. My host dad told me that back in the 1800's it was Frances main port (along with Bordeaux) for the slave trade so I think it has a lot of history.


I was in La Rochelle for my host sisters birthday party, staying with my host aunt Kathy. She lives very close to the center which is cool, and she also has what I think is the fattest cat I have ever seen in my entire life. Watching her try to run is always very entertaining. 


Over all I cant wait to go back. Today its a very sunny day in Angers (finally! Its been very cold for a bit) and Im going for lunch with a family friend (Biological family) so Im quite excited.


1 comment: