Monday, 20 September 2010

Le Dev


Going to school in France is like taking a holiday for your entire life where occasionally some days you have to sit in a classroom and take notes being dictated too you with optional assignments and homework. Infact its so relaxed that if the teachers dont want to go to school for the day we dont have class. And this is what happened today when I had PE. My teacher, whos name I'm not aware of but he looks like a french version of John Cleese in a tracksuit, did not appear. Thus I had 4 hours off. So Chloe, Stein and I decided to explore and get really traditional french food for lunch... mmm crepes. However we forgot it was a monday and no where was open so we scoured the city for a while until... We came across the most amazing thing of my entire life :


If you have seen all 7 hours of wonderment of the cinematic masterpeice that is Devdas you will understand my excitement. A THEMED CAFE! IN THE MIDDLE OF NO-WHERE IN FRANCE. 



The images of the film were plastered up on the walls, it smelt like spices, we got free orange cocktails, and they played music from the film. As Chloe said for me "Its like going to Disney land and eating at the Beauty and the Beast cafe if its your favorite film, except that the cafe was in the middle of the desert and you just happend to find it after not eating for 10 days."
(On AFS you I can currently tell you that I have spent the first 2 weeks starving 24/7 and tired out of my nut 24/7).



A chicken madrass and a beef kourma was how an American, a Norweigian and a New Zealander spent their 4 hour lunch break in Angers. Kudos.


No comments:

Post a Comment